To Our Guests,
We are pleased to welcome you for your upcoming stay at Greyfield. Even in these unprecedented times, it is our continued mission to provide a unique experience grounded in nature, island explorations, and delicious food and drink.
In order to safely do so and still provide you with an exceptional stay, we have enacted added measures and adjustments to our guest services and already stringent protocols to ensure the continued health of our guests and staff. This “new normal” will require some necessary modifications to our past procedures, but it does not mean our commitment to hospitality will waver in the slightest.
PRE-ARRIVAL & EXPECTATIONS
- Prior to your arrival, we ask that each individual visitor answers and returns our screening questionnaire no less than 72 hours before scheduled arrival. (Please note: you will receive this questionnaire via email in advance of your stay.) Any information provided will be kept strictly confidential. Upon review, management will make the determination of honoring or rescheduling your stay, and we will contact you via email to inform you of our decision. Please know that the decisions we make are at the sole discretion of Greyfield management.
- Greyfield’s current mask mandate is that our guests wear masks in all Greyfield indoor common areas. Exceptions include: while actively drinking or eating when seated at one of our indoor dining rooms, and private guest rooms and private bathrooms. In the interest and well-being of both you, our guest, and our dedicated staff, Greyfield will also ask that all indoor dining guests wear a mask while traversing between their tables and other destinations (i.e., outside and 6 feet away from other guests whom you are not traveling with, public bathrooms or private guest rooms).
- Boat times are as follows. For arriving guests, available departure times from our Fernandina Beach dock are 9:30 AM and 12:15 PM. For departing guests, available departure times from our dock at Greyfield are 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM. Travel times via the Lucy R. Ferguson is 45 minutes, each way.
- Masks are mandated in the enclosed space while on board the Lucy R for all arriving and departing guests, and this will be enforced. Please advise our boat captains if you are exhibiting or reporting any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- If, during your stay, you develop any of the above symptoms, please immediately inform staff so that we may arrange to ferry you to the mainland so that you may seek proper medical care and/or treatment.
- Upon arrival to Cumberland Island, staff will be on hand to greet you and to provide you with an informational tour.
- Please be aware that check-in times may vary to ensure that each room is properly and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized per CDC guidelines. Typically, check-in time to your guest room is after 1:30 PM. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.
- Be assured that each room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to check in. All cleaners, sanitizers, disinfectants, and procedures have been thoroughly vetted and cross checked by referring to the CDC and EPA standards.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Some room services and daily housekeeping of guest rooms may be limited or omitted during your stay for the health of both guests and staff.
- Room service for meals will not be available.
- For those guests who prefer no housekeeping services, please let us know if you require more towels or washcloths during your stay. If you intend to re-use your linens, please leave them hanging.
- Greyfield Inn provides L’Occitane toiletries in each guest room for use and enjoyment during your stay.
- The back “communal” kitchen located on the first floor will be closed to guest traffic.
- All public restrooms will be thoroughly sanitized on a regular, frequent schedule.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- As you may be aware, communal aspects such as meals, cocktail and hors d’oeuvre hours, and naturalist outings are an important part of the Greyfield experience. We are making the following changes to these, and other services:
- Self-serve coffee & hot tea, lemonade & iced teas, will be available in the Porch Dining Room daily, after 7:30 AM.
- Our typical “continental breakfast” station will be available upon request. If you desire bagels, English muffins, toast, jams, etc., please inquire with our staff.
- Rather than our usual communal dining, seating for both breakfast and dinner will be staggered. Individual tables or spaces for each party will be reserved. Please see the Service Director or other staff to arrange your reservation time. Times are based on a first come, first serve basis, daily. Limited outdoor seating is available, weather permitting. We respectfully ask that each party arrive on time for their reservations so that we may maintain our safety protocols while providing the hospitality Greyfield is known for.
- LUNCHES: In lieu of self-serve lunches, beginning at 10:45 am each day, please see a Greyfield staff member on the first floor to pick-up your lunch. (Please refrain from entering the back kitchen.)
- Communal hors d’oeuvres normally served at cocktail hour will be replaced by a small bite or “amuse-bouche” presented at the start of your meal, after being seated in the dining room.
- Dinners are three fixed courses, save for dietary restrictions and allergies. Printed menus will be made available for breakfast (one course) and dinner.
- As a Greyfield tradition, jackets are required for men during dinner service; with comparable attire for ladies. But during this time, we are relaxing our dress code so that jackets are recommended but not required.
- Our naturalists are hard at work providing opportunities for guests to visit different areas of the island.
- At 4:00 PM every day, the Naturalists will have a sign-up sheet in the living room for available outings on the following day. Please see any staff member for additional information about the outings, or for assistance in signing up for them. Naturalists reserve the right to offer tours to guests with earlier departure dates, thus making it more likely that all guests have an opportunity to explore.
- Departure boat times are 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM.
- Your folio (final receipt showing amount due and itemized purchases) will be emailed to you the morning of your departure. Please ensure that we have a credit card on file for remaining balances and incidentals.
We’d like to acknowledge to those who are familiar with Greyfield and to those who have yet to experience the magic of this island: our commitment to providing each of you with a unique experience remains, as ever, unwavering. We are bolstered by each and every team member’s decision to stay with us during this year of uncertainty. We feel that this combination of studied plans, reflection, staff cohesion, and preparation will provide all of our guests with a different and unique, but truly Greyfield experience.
We so look forward to welcoming you soon.
Mary & Mitty Ferguson
Greyfield Inn Owners and Managing Partners