Greyfield Inn is located on Cumberland Island, the 19th century retreat of Thomas and Lucy Carnegie who built Greyfield in 1900. The home was converted to an inn in 1962 by Margaret’s daughter, Lucy R. Ferguson, and her family. The Carnegie family still oversees the Inn, which exudes the romance and luxury of a grand hotel with the hospitality and charm of a family home.
Cumberland Island offers 18-miles of nearly-isolated beachfront, 300-year-old live oaks draped with Spanish moss, crushed shell paths, and an abundance of wildlife untouched by the outside world. Greyfield Inn is the sole commercial establishment on Cumberland Island, giving guests an unprecedented opportunity to connect with nature at its most pristine. Greyfield Inn’s private setting boasts 200-acres of unspoiled land.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are included in our guests stay. Our 1.5-acre Greyfield Garden supplies a bounty of fresh vegetables, fruit, herbs, honey, and even fresh cut flowers, making each meal at Greyfield a truly authentic farm-to-table experience.
Greyfield Inn focuses on a personalized approach to service, with attention to even the smallest details. We strive to provide our guests with an exceptional and memorable experience in a natural and peaceful environment – which is only made possible by the talent and commitment of our incredible staff.
Assists and directs in all areas of housekeeping through delegation of tasks, keen attention to detail, and genuine hospitality. Ensures that Greyfield standards are being met and adhered to. Exhibits strong leadership and time management skills.
- Maintains Greyfield standards of cleanliness and hospitality according to company guidelines.
- Ensures smooth operation of daily tasks in a timely and efficient manner, including proper cleaning of all guest rooms, common areas, work spaces, as well as laundry and sometimes dish duties.
- Performs weekly inventory of all cleaning supplies and ensures that Greyfield maintains sufficient stock of all necessary tools as they relate to housekeeping, as well as all linens and bedding.
- Issuance of each team member’s tools and cleaning supplies within cleaning caddies.
- Authors bi-weekly schedule of all house staff with regards to business needs.
- Delegates and assists in all tasks related to housekeeping and guest requests via written reports and daily house staff meetings.
- Directly handles all guest complaints and takes corrective measures.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure duties are being completed in a timely manner.
- Performs daily room checks and nightly turn down service.
- Adheres to and directs master cleaning lists, weekly deep clean projects, and preventative maintenance.
- Positively motivates all house staff to perform to the best of their abilities, working alongside the team and leading by example.
- Manages proper training of all incoming staff members and teaches existing staff members the importance of maintaining consistent quality of work.
- Identifies core team members, top performers, and mentors approved team members in secondary leadership roles.
- Handles disputes fairly, and disciplinary procedures as needed.
- Identifies areas for improvement and develops strategies to improve.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work well under pressure.
- Remains courteous and professional with all guests and employees.
- Maintains open communication with management team so that Greyfield continues to operate at peak performance levels.
- The right candidate must possess a minimum of two years’ experience in combination of leadership/management, housekeeping, and hospitality.
- Ability to work with sometimes harsh chemicals.
- Is able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs, climb stairs, and walk for entirety of shift.
- Possesses strong organizational and communication skills.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel software.
- Must relocate to Cumberland Island, Ga. and share staff housing.
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
- Remains flexible with regards to own schedule and understands that Greyfield remains open and operational during weekends and all holidays.
- Ability to start within two weeks of hiring and can commit to one full year employment after probationary period and internal review.
- Annual salary commensurate with experience
- Housing and meals provided
- Free transportation to and from the island
- Paid vacation after one year
- Medical and dental after 60 days
How to apply
Please email up-to-date resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
4 N. 2nd Street
Fernandina Beach, Fl. 32034
No phone calls please.