To Our Guests,
We are pleased to welcome you for your upcoming stay at Greyfield. Even in these unprecedented times, it is our continued mission to provide a unique experience grounded in nature, island explorations, and delicious food and drink.
In order to safely do so and still provide you with an exceptional stay, we have enacted added measures and adjustments to our guest services and already stringent protocols to ensure the continued health of our guests and staff. This “new normal” will require some necessary modifications to our past procedures, but it does not mean our commitment to hospitality will waver in the slightest.
PRE-ARRIVAL & EXPECTATIONS
- Prior to your arrival, we ask that each individual visitor answers and returns our questionnaire no less than 72 hours before scheduled arrival. (Please note: you will receive this questionnaire via email in advance of your stay.) Any information provided will be kept strictly confidential.
- Fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear masks when inside any Greyfield buildings, cottages, or anywhere outside on the property. We do ask that all unvaccinated guests please wear their masks when inside all common areas at Greyfield, whether in the main house or any of the cottages.
- Boat times are as follows. For arriving guests, available departure times from our Fernandina Beach dock are 9:30 AM and 12:15 PM. For departing guests, available departure times from our dock at Greyfield are 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM. Travel times via the Lucy R. Ferguson is 45 minutes, each way.
- Please advise our boat captains if you are exhibiting or reporting any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- If, during your stay, you develop any of the above symptoms, please immediately inform staff so that we may arrange to ferry you to the mainland so that you may seek proper medical care and/or treatment.
- Upon arrival to Cumberland Island, staff will be on hand to greet you and to provide you with an informational welcome tour.
- Please be aware that check-in times may vary to ensure that each room is properly and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized per CDC guidelines. Check-in time to your guest room is after 1:30 PM. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.
- Be assured that each room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to check in. All cleaners, sanitizers, disinfectants, and procedures have been thoroughly vetted and cross checked by referring to the CDC and EPA standards.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Some room services and daily housekeeping of guest rooms may be limited or omitted during your stay for the health of both guests and staff.
- Room service for meals will not be available.
- For those guests who prefer no housekeeping services, please let us know if you require more towels during your stay. If you intend to re-use your linens, please leave them hanging.
- Greyfield Inn provides L’Occitane toiletries in each guest room for use and enjoyment during your stay.
- All public restrooms will be thoroughly sanitized on a regular, frequent schedule.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- As you may be aware, communal aspects such as meals, cocktail and hors d’oeuvre hours, and naturalist outings are an important part of the Greyfield experience.
- Our typical “continental breakfast” (toast, bagels, jams, housemade granola, yogurt) along with coffee & tea will be available in the Porch Dining Room daily, beginning at 7:30 AM.
- The back “communal” kitchen located on the first floor is open to our guests! Here you will be able to access lemonade, iced teas, water, your daily picnic lunches, and pantry snacks.
- We are thrilled to announce the return of our traditional “communal” Greyfield dining service. As offered in the past, private tables will continue to be available. Either during the reservation process or upon your arrival to Greyfield, you’ll have an opportunity to advise us of your seating preference. Limited outdoor seating is available, weather permitting.
- Hors d’oeuvres will be served in the living room each evening during cocktail hour, between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
- Dinners are three fixed courses, save for dietary restrictions and allergies. Printed menus will be made available for dinner.
- As a Greyfield tradition, jackets are required for men during dinner service; with comparable attire for ladies. But during this time, we are relaxing our dress code so that jackets are recommended but not required.
- Our naturalists are hard at work providing opportunities for guests to visit different areas of the island.
- At 4:00 PM every day, the Naturalists will have a sign-up sheet in the living room for available outings on the following day. Please see any staff member for additional information about the outings, or for assistance in signing up for them. Naturalists reserve the right to offer tours to guests with earlier departure dates, thus making it more likely that all guests have an opportunity to explore.
- Departure boat times are 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM.
- Your folio (final receipt showing amount due and itemized purchases) will be emailed to you the morning of your departure. Please ensure that we have a credit card on file for remaining balances and incidentals.
We’d like to acknowledge to those who are familiar with Greyfield and to those who have yet to experience the magic of this island: our commitment to providing each of you with a unique experience remains, as ever, unwavering. We are bolstered by each and every team member’s decision to stay with us during these uncertain times. We feel that this combination of studied plans, reflection, staff cohesion, and preparation will provide all of our guests with a different and unique, but truly Greyfield experience.
We so look forward to welcoming you soon.
Mary & Mitty Ferguson
Greyfield Inn Owners and Managing Partners