The historic Greyfield Inn is seeking talented, hard-working individuals to join our House and Wait Staff. We are a small and intimate inn located on Cumberland Island, GA – a beautiful, pristine, and undeveloped island accessible only by boat or small airplane. Our location provides a wonderful opportunity to live and work in a truly unique setting.
Greyfield Inn focuses on a personalized approach to service, with attention to even the smallest details. We strive to provide our guests with an exceptional and memorable experience in a natural and peaceful environment – which is only made possible by the talent and commitment of our incredible staff.
We are looking for someone with:
• Excellent people skills
• An outgoing, warm and friendly personality
• The desire to be helpful
• A working knowledge of wine, spirits, beer, and bartending (or a willingness to learn)
• At least two years of restaurant (casual and/or fine-dining), hotel, or hospitality experience, and can commit to 9 to 12 months
A few things the right candidate should know:
We like to work. We work a lot. We work hard. The right candidate for Greyfield is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and detail-obsessed. Our employees wear many different hats throughout the course of a work day; everything from server and bartender, dishwasher, floor-sweeper/mopper, and furniture-duster… to laundry-washer/folder/hauler, bed-maker, window-cleaner, and trash-taker-outer. At Greyfield, each of these jobs is approached with equal respect. It is also helpful to have curiosity, an open mind, and an eagerness to learn a lot of new things. Our staff works together as a team for long hours, weekends, and holidays (Greyfield Inn is always open). If you’re up for the challenge – and can do it while smiling and striving to make our guests feel at home and welcome – we want to work with you!
House/Wait Staff Responsibilities:
- Meticulous housekeeping in all areas of the inn and cottages
- Nightly “turn down” service (a second cleaning and straightening of guest rooms during dinner service)
- Dining service for breakfast and dinner
- Greeting guests upon arrival, and providing a detailed house tour and guide to staying at Greyfield Inn
- Working with all staff members to ensure proper and quality service be provided to our guests at all times
- Annual salary starts at $32,500, commensurate with experience
- Housing and meals provided
- Free transportation to and from the island
- Paid vacation after one year
- Medical and dental after 60 days
Interested applicants, please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.